VTS Workday: McKay “Delta Force”
September 27 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join Volunteer Trail Stewards (VTS) for “Delta Force” weekly workdays at the McKay! This crew meets every week for more labor-intensive trail construction projects within the McKay Community Forest.
When: Every Tuesday & Wednesday from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Please aim to arrive by 9 a.m. so we can secure all tools and supplies before heading out on the trails.
Where: Meet at the storage container located at Redwood Fields on Fern St. (off of Walnut Drive) in Cutten
Why: Build a lasting impact in our community by helping construct new trails that support a diverse range of recreational opportunities for all ages and abilities. Learn new skills, enjoy time outdoors, and bridge new connections with fellow trail enthusiasts!
*Lunch will be provided!* With special thanks to Los Bagels, Ramone’s Bakery & Café, Murphy’s Markets, Eureka Natural Foods, and Babe’s Pizza & Pasta
- Volunteers can show up for one or all of the weekly workdays, and are encouraged to participate regularly.
- Volunteers are encouraged to arrive 15 mins. early so that enough tools and food can be made available to all.
- All interested volunteers will be required to sign a one-time liability release form that will cover all subsequent workdays.
- Volunteers should wear appropriate work clothing, boots and bring a small day pack for carrying food and water as the varying project locations will require hiking to access (generally 0.5 mi to 2 mi).
- All tools, gloves, trail and safe working techniques training will be provided by the county and VTS
To get involved, contact:
Rachael Garcia, VTS Coordinator: email@example.com
or Dennis Houghton, Trail Crew Leader: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info on McKay Community Forest developments, visit: humboldtgov.org/McKay-Community-Forest