- This event has passed.
VTS Workday at the Mckay Community Forest
August 2 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join Volunteer Trail Stewards (VTS) for “Delta Force” weekly workdays at the McKay Community Forest! This crew meets every week for more labor-intensive trail construction projects within the McKay Community Forest.
When: Every Tuesday & Wednesday from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Please aim to arrive by 9 a.m. so we can secure all tools and supplies before heading out on the trails.
Where: Meet at the storage container located at Redwood Fields on Fern St. (off of Walnut Drive) in Cutten
Why: Build a lasting impact in our community by helping construct new trails that support a diverse range of recreational opportunities for all ages and abilities. Learn new skills, enjoy time outdoors, and bridge new connections with fellow trail enthusiasts!
Lunch will be provided!
With special thanks to Los Bagels, Ramone’s Bakery & Café, Murphy’s Markets, Eureka Natural Foods, & Babe’s Pizza & Pasta
- · Volunteers can show up for one or all of the weekly workdays, and are encouraged to participate regularly.
- · Volunteers are encouraged to arrive 15 mins. early so that enough tools and food can be made available to all.
- · All interested volunteers will be required to sign a one-time liability release form that will cover all subsequent workdays.
- · Volunteers should wear appropriate work clothing, boots and bring a small day pack for carrying food and water as the varying project locations will require hiking to access (generally 0.5 mi to 2 mi).
· All tools, gloves, trail and safe working techniques training will be provided by the county and VTS
To get involved, contact:
Rachael Garcia, VTS Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Dennis Houghton, Trail Coordinator: email@example.com
For more info on McKay Community Forest developments, visit: humboldtgov.org/McKay-Community-Forest