- This event has passed.
McKay Community Forest “Delta Force” Workday
April 19 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join VTS for weekly workdays at the McKay Community Forest!
When: Every Tuesday & Wednesday from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
(please aim to arrive by 9 a.m. so we can secure all tools and supplies before heading out into the forest — stay for as long as you’d like!)
Where: Meeting locations to be announced!
We usually meet at:
1. The storage container located at Redwood Fields on Fern St. (off of Walnut Drive) in Cutten or
2. The Northridge Trailhead parking area (take Walnut Drive south to Northridge Rd. then take the first left at the open yellow gate)
Why: You can build a lasting impact on our community by helping construct new trails that support a diverse range of recreational opportunities for all ages & abilities, learn new skills on trail-building and tools for development, and bridge new connections & friendships with other trail enthusiasts!
*FREE LUNCH PROVIDED!*
Thanks to support from local businesses: Los Bagels, Ramone’s Bakery & Café, Eureka Natural Foods, & Babe’s Pizza
- · Volunteers can show up for one or all of the weekly workdays, and are encouraged to participate regularly.
- · Volunteers are encouraged to arrive 15 mins. early so that enough tools and food can be made available to all.
- · All interested volunteers will be required to sign a one-time liability release form that will cover all subsequent workdays.
- · Volunteers should wear appropriate work clothing, boots and bring a small day pack for carrying food and water as the varying project locations will require hiking to access (generally 0.5 mi to 2 mi).
- · All tools, gloves, trail and safe working techniques training will be provided by the county and VTSTo get involved, contact:
Rachael Garcia, VTS Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Dennis Houghton, Trail Coordinator: email@example.comFor more info on McKay Community Forest developments, visit: humboldtgov.org/McKay-Community-Forest