« All Events
Wharf Trail VTS Workday Sun., September 5th , 9-11am
September 5 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Wharf Trail VTS Workday
Sun., September 5th , 9-11
Parking: at the Wharfinger Building in Eureka
Meet: at 9 am. across the street from the Wharfinger
Look for the Volunteer Trail Stewards Sign.
For our September 5th Wharf Trail VTS Workday we will concentrate on removing the fennel (and Pampas Grass) in the fenced wetland across Waterfront Drive from the Wharfinger Building.
Sunday, September 5th we will be weed-eating, lopping or digging Fennel and Pampas grass. If you are willing to bring your weed-eater, that would be a great help! Additionally, there is always litter to pick-up if you are so inclined.
The Weather forecast for Sunday is partly sunny, with a high near 62.
Given the recent spike in COVID-19 numbers in the County, we want to be extra careful. Please wear a mask when close together and otherwise social distance. Please do not come if you are not fully vaccinated. We will provide packaged snacks, and drinks. We have hand sanitizer available. Of course, don’t attend if you are not feeling well.
Here is a summary of the COVID-19 safety measures:
- If you don’t feel well, don’t come;
- Bring your own water, an assortment of snacks & beverages will be available;
- Bring your own gloves;
- Attend ONLY if you are fully COVID-19 Vaccinated
- Wear a mask within 6 feet of others;
- Remain 6 feet apart whenever possible;
- As always, VTS recognize that the trail is open to the public and will allow > 6 foot distance between volunteers and trail users.