McKay Community Forest Workday
January 24 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join VTS for weekly workdays at the McKay Community Forest!
When: Every Tuesday & Wednesday from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
(please aim to arrive by 9 a.m. so we can secure all tools and supplies before heading out into the forest — stay for as long as you’d like!)
Where: Meet at the storage container located at Redwood Fields on Fern St. (off of Walnut Drive) in Cutten
Why: You can build a lasting impact on our community by helping construct new trails that support a diverse range of recreational opportunities for all ages & abilities, learn new skills on trail-building and tools for development, and bridge new connections & friendships with other trail enthusiasts!
*FREE LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED!*
Thanks to support from local businesses: Los Bagels, Ramone’s Bakery & Café, Eureka Natural Foods, & Babe’s Pizza
- · Volunteers can show up for one or all of the weekly workdays, and are encouraged to participate regularly.
- · Volunteers are encouraged to arrive 15 mins. early so that enough tools and food can be made available to all.
- · All interested volunteers will be required to sign a one-time liability release form that will cover all subsequent workdays.
- · Volunteers should wear appropriate work clothing, boots and bring a small day pack for carrying food and water as the varying project locations will require hiking to access (generally 0.5 mi to 2 mi).
- · All tools, gloves, trail and safe working techniques training will be provided by the county and VTSTo get involved, contact:
Rachael Garcia, VTS Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
or Dennis Houghton, Trail Coordinator: email@example.com
For more info on McKay Community Forest developments, visit: humboldtgov.org/McKay-Community-Forest
Meeting Location Map: