- This event has passed.
McKay Community Forest VTS Workday Kickoff!
August 13, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Dear Volunteer Trail Stewards,
We are happy to announce the grand kick-off for V.T.S. Workdays at the McKay Community Forest!
Beginning this August, there will be volunteer opportunities for trail construction available to all ages and abilities on a regular basis!
Volunteers may participate in monthly VTS workdays, or twice weekly through the “Delta Force” work crew.
The Delta Force group involves more intensive trail building, some trail building experience is beneficial.
The first VTS workday will commence on Saturday, August 13 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. and will reoccur the 1st Saturday of every month
The “Delta Force” crew will meet every week throughout the year, Every Tuesday & Wednesday starting Tuesday, August 16 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. with a 30-min. lunch break (lunch will be provided!)
We will meet each morning at the McKay C.F. storage container located at Redwood Fields on Fern street (off of Walnut Drive) in Cutten. The storage container is located adjacent to the parking lot.
Important Info for Volunteering:
- Volunteers can show up for one or all of the weekly workdays, and are encouraged to participate regularly.
- Volunteers are encouraged to arrive at least 15 mins. early so that enough tools and food can be made available to all.
- All interested volunteers will be required to sign a one-time liability release form that will cover all subsequent workdays.
- Volunteers should wear appropriate work clothing, boots and bring a small day pack for carrying food and water as the varying project locations will require hiking to access (.5 mi to 2 mi generally).
- All tools, gloves, trail and safe working techniques training will be provided by the county and VTS. Volunteers are welcome but not required to bring their own tools and gloves.
To get involved with volunteer workdays at the McKay Community Forest,
please contact VTS Coordinator Rachael Garcia:
Let us know if you’d like to join monthly VTS workdays, and/or “Delta Force” weekly workdays.
From there you’ll be added to the emailing list to receive updates & workday announcements, with more details to follow on trail projects.
To learn more about the McKay Community Forest & view the official Trail Plan, visit:
For more info on VTS workdays & volunteering at other active trail sites, visit:
We look forward to seeing you on the trails!
Volunteer Trail Stewards Coordinator