- This event has passed.
McKay Community Forest VTS Workday
October 1, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Dear Trail Stewards,
You are invited to attend our next VTS workday at the McKay Community Forest!
Saturday, October 1st from 9 AM – 12 PM
We are excited to announce that the Humboldt County Board of Supervisors approved the McKay Community Forest Trail Plan & Forest Stewardship Plan on Tuesday, Sept. 27th!
The Northridge parking area will be officially opened for public use tomorrow at noon: Thursday, September 29th!
We’d like to give special thanks to all of the VTS volunteers who have taken part in this monumental work in preparing the Northridge area and adjacent trails for community access. The trails are looking spectacular, and your work is tremendously appreciated!!
- Volunteers should wear appropriate work clothing, boots and bring a small day pack for carrying food and water as the varying project locations will require hiking to access (.5 mi to 2 mi generally).
- Volunteers are encouraged to arrive 5-10 mins early so that enough tools and food can be made available to all.
- All new volunteers will be required to sign a one-time liability release form that will cover all subsequent workdays.
- All tools, gloves, trail and safe working techniques training will be provided by the county and VTS.
VTS monthly workdays will continue at the McKay Community Forest on the 1st Saturday of every month from 9-12 p.m., while the “Delta Force” crew meets every Tuesday & Wednesday morning from 9-2 p.m.
* For a full list of all VTS trail sites and volunteer workdays, visit humtrails.org *
* For more information on the McKay Trail Plan & future developments, visit: humboldtgov.org/
* The 09-27-22 Board of Supervisors meeting can be viewed online here *