Greetings, Hammond Trail Stewards,
The next Hammond Saturday work day 10/2/21, will also be a special THANK YOU to Volunteer Trail Stewards who are dedicated to making a difference on the Hammond Trail. We have slots for only 20 Stewards this round; anyone over the count of 20 will be put on a waiting list and I’ll get back to you by Friday, 10/1 if a slot opens. PLEASE RSVP if you would like to attend the following:
- 9am-11am, VTS work day meeting at the end of Wilbur – See attached map- head west on Murray Rd. from Highway 101, turn right on Fortune St. then left on Wilbur Ave. – and look for our table at the end of Wilbur. We will be tending the usual – weedeat, trash pick up, signs cleanup, prune, remove invasives, etc. – your choice. Safety Scoop, below.
- 11-11:30am, THANK YOU HAMMOND VTS!! – Humboldt Trails Council will be providing breakfast burritos, pastries, mandarins and local produce, coffee and water. Besides VTS recognition goodies and thank you’s, there will be Q & A activities:
- An easel activity to share out: “Why do you volunteer?” “Why do you like the Volunteer Trail Stewards?”
- A suggestion box for private notes in response to: “What works well in the VTS program?” “What could be done to improve the VTS?” and “What could be done to make your volunteer experience better?”
Please RSVP and join us to eat, drink and be merry while safely socially distancing!
Updated safety scoop:
- PLEASE RSVP to me email@example.com.
- Please wear a mask and maintain 6′ distancing when we are gathered at the outset, around the sign-in/refreshments table and out on the trail.
- Please consider attending only if you are comfortable with the new conditions, and you are not showing any symptoms of illness.
- Water and wrapped treats will be available in the morning (please bring your own mug).
- Hand sanitizer will be available on the hospitality table, along with sanitizer for tools and gloves courtesy Humboldt Trails Council and County Parks.
Please email me if you have any questions. Be Well, and I will hope to see you 10/2.
Stacy, Hammond VTS Coordinator