Wharf Trail VTS Workday
Sun., July 4th 🇺🇸 , 9-11
Meet: on Waterfront Drive (Railroad Ave.) behind Costco in Eureka at 9 am.
Look for the Volunteer Trail Stewards Sign.
Our July Wharf Trail VTS Workday falls on the 4th — What better way to celebrate than with a little volunteer work!
For the July 4th Workday we will be raking the soil and piling green waste. From recent grant money we were able to hire a Bobcat (Skid Steer) to come in and smooth out the very rough terrain adjacent to the trail between 14th Street and Del Norte Street. It is much smoother, but there remain some rough spots and weedy root wads that need raking-up…
If you don’t fancy raking, there is a lot of broken glass in the graded area, so that can be picked-up too. Volunteer work days are the first Sunday of every month.
The Weather forecast for Sunday partly sunny, with a high near 66.
VTS Workdays are easing some Pandemic Restrictions —
Here are the added safety measures:
- If you don’t feel well, don’t come;
- Bring your own water, an assortment of snacks & beverages will be available;
- Bring your own gloves;
- If you are fully Covid Vaccinated, a mask is optional;
- We still recommend 6-foot social distancing;
- If you are not Vaccinated, bring a mask and wear it when within 6 feet of others (unless family members);
- As always, VTS recognize that the trail is open to the public and will allow > 6 foot distance between volunteers and trail users.
Hope to see you there!